Chapter 1: The Programming Process
Ref book: Programming Practices & Techniques (6th edition)
1. What is computer program?
Ans: A group of instructions for a computer that cause it to perform a desired task.
2. What do you know about programming process? or, List the activities of the programming (or problem solving) process in order
Ans: The programming process is, therefore, a problem solving process. It consists of the following activities…
1. Defining a problem
2. Preparing an algorithm
3. Preparing a program flowchart
4. Coding the program
5. Debugging and testing
3. What things the programmers must carry out before proceeding one activity to the next?
Ans: Each activity has checking procedures that the programmer must carry out before proceeding to the next activity.
4. When does the programmer carry out documenting activities?
Ans: Documenting activities are carried out simultaneously with the other activities.
5. What is input?
Ans: The operation of reading data that is to be read and processed by a program.
N.B: We can get input by two way…..I) from file II) by using Keyboard